JohnTem82387976

25 August 2015

Breaktime






















It pains me to say it, but unfortunately this blog won't be updated for a little while. I'm presently in the process of buying a house (and hopefully moving into the house, provided I can get the solicitors to agree on some nigglingly worrying details), and while I had hoped I could stack and queue enough entries to tide the site over during the process, there just aren't the hours in the day. So…

For the first time in two years, there's going to be a bit of a gap in the service. The last time I took a break in 2013 chaos absolutely fucking reigned. It was only intended to be 2-3 months long, but during the period I fractured my left elbow, moved house and had titanic battles with BT about getting back online again - apparently the simple job of just turning up to my house when they were supposed to and installing broadband was too tricky to cope with ("The man who is installing your broadband is just around the corner in his van, he'll be there soon…" "Er… I don't know why we said that. He cannot install your broadband today, he is nowhere in the area, yes, I would be shouting if I were you too, sir, I cannot blame you").

Here's hoping I get through this whole experience a bit more smoothly and "Left and to the Back" will be back online sooner rather than later. In the meantime, wish me luck. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see you on the blog as soon as possible

Now, you have other work to do

All the best, Albert

Unknown said...

It's my favourite blog so I'll miss it while you're off the air. Just wanted you to know there's a silent crowd out here who enjoy the records you put up. Cheers, Phil

23 Daves said...

Thanks both of you. Given that the idea of "mp3 blogs" passed its sell-by date at some point in 2010, this one still continues to pick up an OK-ish audience, I think - and has more regularly returning visitors than it's ever had which I'm really grateful for. It's about the quality, not the quantity!

Arthur Nibble said...

Best of luck with the move. Don't trust BT, though - they're shit. Last year they charged me three months' advance internet payment the same day my modem packed up, meaning I couldn't get any internet but they wanted to charge me for it, and they also wanted me to pay £149 for a new contract in order to get the modem. I changed internet providers pronto.

Cheers,
Eddie.

23 Daves said...

Eddie - do not worry. I never want to open an account with BT again for as long as I live.